Friday, August 12, 2011

What is the top .1% doing with all that money?

There is a lot of talk about class warfare and controlling the masses through debt... and I understand all the theory there, but it still leaves me with some serious questions.

If less one percent of the population controls more than %40 of the resources, what's the ultimate goal? I mean, realistically, what is the point to an individual accumulating more wealth than they can dispose of in a million lifetimes?

Clearly, the people building these giant piles of cash are either brilliantly psychotic or they are idiot savants.

Perhaps it is simply the fact that I can't relate to a mentality that finds satisfaction in denying others the basic necessities of life so that I can... wait... what CAN you do with $500 billion in personal assets that you can't do with $250 billion?

Don't get me wrong... I believe in rewarding merit. I just can't imagine the contribution to society that is worth the combined earnings of 100,000 people... which makes corporate bonus structures nearly incomprehensible to me.

Of course, there is also the fact that the consolidation of wealth KILLS economic growth... but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I like people who disagree as much as people who agree. Please respect others in your post.